For Me, It's You: NEW MUSIC TUESDAY


Train - For Me, It's You

Haven't made it all the way through the new album yet, but i like what i hear. At this point in their career you kinda know what you are going to get when you buy a Train album. I can't say that this album is as adventurous as 2003's My Private Nation (that album had some truly unique pop-rock songs on it) however, i do like what i hear so far..."All I Ever Wanted" is a mellow-but-solid opening track, the first single "Cab" is your typical Train single (complete with piano intro and strings), and "Am I Reaching You Now" is a fantastic Beatles-esque songs that doesn't come off as overly Beatles-esque, and the title track/album closer "For Me, It's You" has just enough soul to soar and make the late Wilson Picket proud.
Grade: B (and rising)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 25 Albums of 2007 : Year of the Indie

My Top 25 Albums of 2018

!